Dobaaraa (2022) Review
Dobaaraa (the 2nd time), also stylized as 2:12, Hindi-language science fiction mystery thriller film directed by Anurag Kashyap. The film stars Taapsee Pannu and Pavail Gulati.
Dobaaraa is an official remake of the 2018 Spanish film Mirage. It opened the London Indian Film Festival 2022
it was theatrically released on 19 August 2022and opened to generally positive reviews from critics. However, the film was a box office bomb.
Starcast and Crew
<iframe sandbox="allow-popups allow-scripts allow-modals allow-forms allow-same-origin" style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-in.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=IN&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=mehar2601-21&language=en_IN&marketplace=amazon®ion=IN&placement=B0BDLH1P79&asins=B0BDLH1P79&linkId=e26f3640ed96c9c1def17835c7f3a8b5&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true"></iframe>
- Taapsee Pannu as Antara Awasthi/Antara Vasishth
- Pavail Gulati as Anay Anand
- Nassar as Dr. Sethupathi
- Rahul Bhat as Vikas Awasthi
- Sukant Goel as Abhishek
- Saswata Chatterjee as Raja Ghosh
- Vidushi Mehta as Shikha Vats
- Himanshi Choudhary as Sheela
- Nidhi Singh as Bhavna Awasthi
- Madhurima Roy as Sarah Kunder
- Aarrian Sawant as Young Anay
- Myra Rajpal as Avanti Awasthi
- Shaurya Duggal as Young Abhishek
- Medini Kelamane as Rujuta Ghosh
- Priti Shroff as Hospital Nurse
- Rahul Tewari as Police Inspector
3.5 stars (out of 5)
This is the third Hindi remake of an Oriol Paulo movie in four years.
1. Sujoy Ghosh turned The Invisible Guest (2016) into Badla (starring Pannu alongside Amitabh Bachchan)
2. Jeethu Joseph reshaped El Cuerpo (2012) into The Body.
Badla and The Body, both released in 2019, had foreign settings and sought to stay as close as possible to the ambience of the original films
Dobaaraa set in a Pune suburb, sticks in the main to the Mirage storyline but is anything but a slavish copy.
Informed with style, verve and a distinct directorial imprimatur,
Kashyap’s lively version pits humans against each other in baffling mind games amid a thunderstorm of scarily disruptive proportions.
Conclusion : What is especially striking about Dobaaraa is that it makes no major concessions to the audience by resorting to overt explication of the phenomenon that triggers the female protagonist’s predicament although, admittedly, parts of the film are rather easy to decipher.